Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 4 Student Teaching

Greetings,



TGIF! It was an awesome day student teaching today (9/6/13).  I experienced what it means to remain flexible.  And boy did I learn it.  When it comes to the general classroom teachers, their students, MAP testing, common assessments, and core curriculum ~ you must remain flexible to meet their immediate needs.

Today was spent in and out of the resource room, rotating among third and fifth grade classrooms and focusing on upcoming preparations for reading intervention lesson plans scheduled for the first part of next week.  I am so excited that my cooperating teacher has had the trust in me to move toward instruction early in my student teaching.  It has been a very rewarding experience.

It was jeans day today where the staff are allowed to dress relaxed and casual.  Although I wasn't aware of the policy I did manage to dress with a denim top that allowed me to fit right in.

I look forward to next week when I will be allowed to make the shift from co-teaching to full fledged instruction.

Happy Friday.
Have an awesome week.
Peace and blessings, Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment