Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 6 Student Teaching

Greetings,

The air conditioner has been repaired 9-10-13.  Yes!!!!! It felt good instantly.  The children were freezing.  I guess they quickly got used to that heat.  Our bodies are quite different in that respect.

Today was our grade level PLC meeting.  We reviewed student scores.  The teachers all presented their plans for growth.  I cannot wait until I can be accountable in that way.  They all seemed a bit nervous but were quickly reassured by their administrators that they always do a good job and I think so too.  I've never met a more collaborative group than the group of fifth grade teachers at Beechgrove.

The students in my small reading group were sponges today.  They really enjoyed the two consonant blending game.  I cannot wait to develop more plans that excite them. Today was a planned tornado drill.  The kids hated being down for so long but they were troopers.  I was so impressed.

I have much homework to do and many things to prepare for tomorrow's lesson.  I hate to do it, but I must cut this short.

Have an awesome evening.
Peace and blessings, Mrs. H


No comments:

Post a Comment