Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 5 Student Teaching

Greetings,

This has to have been one of the hottest Mondays (9-9-13) in history! The air conditioner has been out in the classroom and it has been bearable until today.  Wow!

I'm going to chalk my silly mistakes up to heat! Nah.  That would be too easy.  Let's just say that it took my mentor 23 years to perfect her approach to teaching and I'll expect that I will have a learning curve too.  Despite the fact that I've made silly mistakes or was inattentive here and there does not negate my responsibility.  I've decided that these are weaknesses and I've made a list of them and as I journal I will continue to list my weaknesses.  I won't stop there.  I'll determine, what, if anything I can do to correct them and how I can use my strengths in repair.  Yep; that's just what I'll do.  Beginning tomorrow.

It was a great day.  My first day of instruction with a small group in fifth grade reading.  I also enjoyed a solo appearance as teacher in fifth grade math, writing, and social studies but in a whole group setting.  My time was needed as well, in third grade for whole group instruction in reading and math.

I can say this.  I wish I would've bottled up the power I had in third grade and kept it.  I sure could use it right now.

Here's hoping that you have a wonderful day and that all of your weaknesses become strengths.
Peace and blessings, Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment